Thursday, February 24, 2011

title poem

tip of my tongue

I want to tell you
run for your life
drive my car
the long and winding road,
September in the rain.
crying, waiting, hoping
free as a bird.

oh! darling,
ooh! my soul,
help!
slow down.

mailman, bring me no more blues.

shout
good morning, good morning,
got to get you into my life
paperback writer.

here comes the sun
good day sunshine
girl, step inside love
and your bird can sing
blue jay way.

I don’t want to spoil the party
I forget to remember to forget
I’ve just seen a face,
I saw her standing there
searchin’
devil in her heart,
carrying that weight,

that’s all right,
nobody I know.

if you’ve got trouble,
we can work it out
I just don’t understand
what you’re doing,
what goes on?
tomorrow never knows.

because
I’ve got a feeling,
in spite of all the danger
it won’t be long.

you know what to do,
you know my name,
look up the number.
I should have known better
I don’t want to see you again.

think for yourself,
for no one,
one and one is two,
happiness is a warm gun,
komm gib mir deine hand,
don’t ever change.

she said she said
tell me what you see
the inner light,
old brown shoe,
rain,
etcetera.

here, there and everywhere,
watching rainbows
like dreamers do,
that’ll be the day.

(this is a cento poem, composed entirely from the titles of songs by the beatles)

No comments:

Post a Comment